uk immigration lawyers

EEA Family Member Residence Permit Out-of-Country

Client's husband is a German national, currently living in America. They have a child together who is also an American national. He instructed our immigration solicitors to assist in applying for an EEA Family Permit as he has accepted a job in the UK with as a highly skilled worker. He is looking to apply for an EEA Family member residence permit from outside the UK.

How we helped

We advised the client that as a German national, her husband must be exercising his treaty rights in the UK. This means that they must be working, self-sufficient or a student. We understand that he has accepted a job in the UK and this will demonstrate that he is entering the UK as a worker. There must also be evidence that both of the client and her daughter are the family member of the husband.

Family Permits are endorsed on your passport as a vignette or may be produced on a separate document referred to as an 'Immigration Status Document'. If your application for a Family Permit is approved, you will usually be issued a 6 month period of leave and be expected to extend this when you arrive in the UK. We will advise you of the subjective elements of your application in the list of documents to be sent to you following this letter. After a successful application, we will also need to apply for a residence card which has the same requirements.



Some of our happy clients



530 Reviews