Can I Enrol With Another University On A Tier 4 Visa?

Can I Enrol With Another University On A Tier 4 Visa?

If your current course is coming to an end at your current university, you may be considering moving to an alternative university to continue your studies. In this article, we look at what you can do in this situation to ensure that you stay legally compliant.

So, Can I Move University On My Existing Tier 4 Student Visa?

You can apply to extend your Tier 4 visa if there are 28 days or less between the expiry of your existing Tier 4 visa and the start of your new course. Within this application, you can change the institution that you are studying in.

If you have more than 28 days left on your existing Tier 4 student visa then you will need to return to your country of origin in order to apply once again for a Tier 4 student visa. This is off-putting to many as they worry that they may not be able to get another Tier 4 student visa. It is indeed a gamble, but one that needs to be taken if you plan to change courses.

What About Changing Courses On My Tier 4 Student Visa?

Your visa is based on what you planned to do in the first place. Should you want to change course, it is likely that you would need a new visa. If you're unsure of where you stand then please give us a call and we can talk you through your options.

This can be a complicated area of the student visa and it is worth discussing with us your particular situation so that we can figure out what you need to do.

How Long Do I Have In Order To Leave The Country At The End Of My Study?

4 months to leave the country at the end of your course. This is factored into the time that you are given on your Tier 4 student visa when you get it. You need to ensure that you have made adequate plans to leave the country as overstaying will affect your future plans if you were to decide to visit the UK in the future.

Will The Government Find Out About Changes In My Plans?

Yes, educational institutions are under strict orders that they must pass changes on to the Home Office and that they will be punished if they fail to comply. The Government has gotten very wise to the ways in which people have managed to deceive the system in the past and work hard to avoid it happening in the future.

How We Can Help

If you need help with your Tier 4 student visa, you can speak to one of our experienced immigration solicitors. Our immigration experts are here to help you and can provide advice and support that is tailored to your individual needs.

Some of our happy clients



530 Reviews



Copyright © 2020 Immigration Lawyers London