Application For Permanent Residency As A Non-British Citizen.

Application For Permanent Residency As A Non-British Citizen.

Good day, I am looking for assistance with my visa. I am an American citizen and married to an EU national. My visa reflects this status. I have lived in the UK for 6 years come August and my visa expires in September. I am employed full time. I would like to apply for permanent residency and require legal help with the process. Can you please send me information on who to speak to in your office and any rates pertaining to the work? If you need any information from me please let me know.

Our Response

Thank you for your immigration enquiry regarding a permanent residence application as the family member of an EEA national.

The application is based on your partner's right as an EEA national, to remain in the UK. This means that it is your spouse that must show that he has remained in the UK for a consecutive 5 years and exercising their treaty rights as a Worker/ Jobseeker, Self-employed, Student or Self-sufficient person. Additionally, you must prove that you have resided together in the UK for at least the 5 year period to apply. Your employment is not compulsory.

Your right to permanent residency is automatic and provided that you can evidence the above, it could be that you obtained permanent resident status at an earlier date. Once you have held this permanent residence status for at least 12 months, you may be eligible to apply to be naturalised as a British citizen. However, it is compulsory to apply for the permanent residence card prior to making a naturalisation application.

Please give us a call for a free no, no obligation consultation to advise you further.

How we can help

Our immigration solicitors can help with all manner of immigration needs. If you have any further questions on permanent residency visas or how you can apply, contact us today at 020 3744 2797 and email us at

Some of our happy clients



530 Reviews