uk immigration lawyers
uk immigration lawyers
Home / Business Immigration

Tier 4 sponsor licence

If you are an educational institution and looking to enrol students from outside the EEA, you will need to apply for the Tier 4 sponsor licence . The Tier 4 licence allows holders the permission to sponsor international students to come to the United Kingdom study full time in their institutions. Importantly, a Tier 4 sponsor refers to an educational institution that offers full time courses to students (including international students) in the UK. The Home office have stressed that sponsorship is a privilege and not a right as such sponsor licence holders who are benefiting from overseas student migration would need to do enough to ensure that the system is not abused. Tier 4 sponsor licence holders are also expected to ensure that the student migrants applying to come to the UK via their institutions must be eligible to do so and the educational provider genuinely wishes to teach them. The granting of a sponsor licence is a statement of trust by the Home Office to the education provider; with this trust comes responsibility. The Tier 4 sponsor licence holder must act in compliance with the Immigration Rules and regulations in the Tier 4 Sponsor Guidance. It is also important to note that Tier 4 licence holders would still need to apply for a Tier 2 licence to sponsor Tier 2 migrants.

Applying for a Tier 4 sponsor licence

In applying for a Tier 4 sponsor license, the sponsoring institution must:-

  • Make a decision on the individuals within the institutions that will be undertaking sponsor management roles
  • Be able to make an estimate of the number of Confirmation of acceptance of studies they would be looking to apply for within the first year of obtaining the licence
  • Submit a sponsor license application with the Home Office. Make sure you also submit the relevant documents as listed in the sponsor license guidance appendix A to the UKVI.
  • If your application is successful, you will be given your login credentials for your Sponsor Management System (SMS). Importantly, you will be given the status of a probationary sponsor.

Our business immigration lawyers have over 40 years combined experience in sponsor licence applications. Call us today for a free consultation.

Immigration Enquiry

Subscribe to email and newsletters

Reiss Edwards Reviews
4.9 out of 5 stars 481 Google+ Reviews
reivew immigration lawyer

Our Brochure

Reiss Edwards immigration lawyers brochure

Arabic Brochure
Reiss Edwards immigration lawyers brochure




530 Reviews


Copyright © 2020 Immigration Lawyer London