uk immigration lawyers
uk immigration lawyers

UK Visit - Child Dependent - Unmarried partner and Spouse FAQ

The general requirement for all Visit Visa applications is that sufficient proof of the applicant’s ability to finance their trip to the UK and ability to return to their home country must be provided. Applicants will need to provide proof of their living arrangements, employment/self-employment and level of funds they have available for their trip to the UK. If the applicant intends to visit someone in the UK then evidence of their status in the UK and ability to maintain them will need to be provided in addition to the above. It is essential to note that each applicant’s circumstances are different therefore, the type of documents required for each applicant will differ.
Unless serious issues were raised, a refusal is unlikely to affect subsequent applications. It is however, advisable to note the major reason/s why the application was refused, alongside any missing documents and ensure that these are provided in any subsequent applications.
The general guidance do not dictate where the source of funds should come from however, it is advisable to ensure that applicant provides evidence of savings and/employment to alongside other compulsory documents to ensure the application’s success.
Applicants are allowed to study for up to 30 days in the UK whilst on a Visit Visa as long as this is not the main purpose of the applicant’s visit.
Applicants are only permitted to be present in the UK for no more than 6 months in a given 12 month period therefore, even though a 5 year visa is granted, this does not permit the applicant to reside in the UK continuously.
A Visit Visa can only be extended in exceptional circumstances. Concrete evidence will need to be provided to support the application for further leave and will be at the discretion of the Home Office on whether or not leave should be granted.
Applicants wishing to bring dependent children from outside the UK will need to ensure they have adequate means to maintain and accommodate that child. Sponsor’s will need to earn a sufficient salary and have enough room at their current place of residence of where the child is proposed to live. Sponsor’s will also need to establish that they have sole responsibility for the child and show proof that they have been looking after the child in the country he/she lives in.
There is no financial requirement for child dependent applications however, the parent will need to ensure they have sufficient money to look after the child and themselves in the UK without recourse to public funds.
The parent who intends to bring the child to the UK will need to have sole control over the child’s wellbeing and will need to show proof that they child is fully dependent on them. Evidence to prove this can include a custody order (or equivalent) or sufficient proof the parent has been maintaining the child emotionally and financially.
The financial requirement refers to the level of income a sponsor needs to earn in order to bring a dependent from abroad. The level of income to be earned depends on the number of dependent’s applying and starts with a minimum of £18,600. If applying with more than one dependent, the following applies: 2 dependent - £22,400 3 dependents - £24,800 4 dependents - £27,200 Any additional dependents will add an additional £2400 on the minimum amount to be earned.

Immigration Enquiry

subscribe to email and newsletters
Reiss Edwards Reviews
5 out of 5 stars 394 Google+ Reviews
reivew immigration lawyer

Our Brochure

Reiss Edwards immigration lawyers brochure

Arabic Brochure
Reiss Edwards immigration lawyers brochure

Immigration related Testimonials

Investing over 2 million pounds is defintely not a routine decision. We had to make sure that the Tier 1 investor immigration lawyers london that we would be picking has to be one of the best within the Tier 1 investor category. We contacted Reiss Edwards and they were able to get us not only the Tier 1 investor visa but also suggested profitable investment portfolios in addition to what we already had in mind.
The Home Office refused my Tier 1 Entrepreneur extension application. This meant that my family and i would have to go back to Jordan and my business would close down. I needed a good immigration lawyer to put in a very strong appeal. I approached Reiss Edwards based on a friend's recommendation and they put together a very strong appeal. I read the grounds of appeal and I knew that this was a winner. A big thanks to Joe who worked tireless on my appeal.
I am glad that i instructed Reiss Edwards on my visa matter.

It started with a 20 minutes free immigration advice. I met with Amar to discuss my ILR refusal. He gave me a great deal of quality advice and decided to take on my messy case. I had doubts on the merits of my case by he was relatively convinced he could win it. That made me quite secure.

To be honest, things did not start as quick as I would have wanted, but they kept on communicating the process and state of things to me

A big thank you to Verusha and Foram. They were also very helpful. Brilliant and informative.

Their fee was fair and reasonable, especially if you compare them to other law firms and immigration law firms in London; some of whom even told me that i would not be able to get an indefinte leave to remain in this country.

The process was long but was worth it. In the end, a big thank you to Reiss Edwards.
I have just had British Citizenship application approved. Prior to making the application, i was not sure which law firm i should hire to facilitate the paperwork. After a few hours of research, i decided to go with Reiss Edwards and i must confess that i wasnt disappointed.

The immigration lawyers at Reiss Edwards handled my case well and they really knew what they were doing. They were fully aware of what documents I needed and it was easy for them to tell if my case was going to be easy or not.

At the end of the day, I have not received my British citizenship within 3 months.

If anyone is looking for a good immigration lawyer to handle thier case, contact Reiss Edwards.
Fantastic Solicitors!!!

My wife's spouse visa extension application was refused by the Home Office and they gave her 14 days to leave the country. We contacted Reiss Edwards and they said "OK don't worry we will sort this out". They put together the list of documents for me to obtain and they prepared a bundle which was as thick as the printer it came out from.

We followed everything they asked us to do and in the end we won our appeal and got our spouse visa.

We can't recommend them enough and we have promised ourselves never to make any more UK visa applications without them.
The team of lawyers at Reiss Edwards are very professional and friendly people. Their experience in and around UK immigration law is quite extensive; be sure that you application is in safe and competent hands. My immigration matter was an indefinite leave to remain application based on Tier 1 on a self-employment basis. The immigration lawyers at Reiss Edwards made sure that the application was perfect and ready to be accepted. I got a positive decision and I recommend them highly for anyone who needs a UK immigration help.
This is the only firm that i spoke with that didn't ask for money before listening to me, will be using them again.
I used Reiss Edwards for my Tier 2 visa application and it was successful. The team was ever present and happy to answer my question.

The caseworker that dealing with my case went on holiday yet by case did not suffer one bit. Another lawyer stepped and took over the case without any hassle.
My Tier 1 Investor Visa was dealt with quickly and without issue. Would recommend Reiss Edwards as an Immigration law firm in London. Thank you to the team.
I contacted Reiss Edwards to help me with my wife’s UK settlement visa. They acted with utmost professionalism throughout the entire application. I spoke with Joe Dinh, he is an immigration solicitor and he is one of the best solicitors out there. He ensured that there was little to no room for error. At some point I thought he was over cautious. He remained calmed and continued to assure us on our immigration matter. Most people in his position would have panicked but he was calmed and continued to assure us. We received out positive outcome very quickly.

Click to view all google reviews
I have been using Reiss Edwards for three years now for my family's immigration application. Both for my initial application and extension. They are really affordable. The team of solicitors at this firm are probably one of the most efficient and economical in terms of cost. They offered free advice over the phone and spent good time with us before inviting us for consultation.

Click to view all google reviews
Reiss Edwards is a top notch immigration service company. The way they handled our documentation and also the list of documents they sent was efficient and top quality. They helped us professionally throughout the process. We are very happy with the immigration advice we received from the team. We highly recommend them.

Click to view all google reviews
I used Reiss Edwards’ immigration lawyers to assist with my immigration matter and that of my family. It was an EX1 application. They dealt with the matter properly and even when complications were coming up from the Home Office, they helped resolve the issue properly. They are very professional and are very popular in London. I am happy to have worked with them.

Click to view all google reviews
It's a shame that you dont have an 'Excellent' star rating on here, as my experience with Reiss Edwards is nothing short of an excellent rating. They handled my application for an Indefinite Leave to remain in April 2014 and did my husband's one very recently including my daughter. Every time i have approached them, they have continued to treat me with courtesy, respect and patience. Amar was indeed a very thorough and professional gentleman. He is very knowledgeable, corporative and engaging. He responded to my emails, calls and enquiries promptly. He was always reassuring. I could not have asked for a better Immigration service.

I would recommend them over and over again for anyone looking for an immigration advice.

They gave me a free immigration advice when i called them, and the quality of the advice was something other charge thousands for. If you need a particular, name, Amar would be it. He exemplifies, for me, the true, professional gentleman. He is a valuable asset to Reiss Edwards.

Kind regards
Nancy Jacquard

Copyright © 2019 Immigration Lawyer London