uk immigration lawyers
uk immigration lawyers

UK Visa applications FAQs

Hi, i would like to get help in applying for residence and nationality, for me and my son as we have lived in this Country for 18 years. Please let me know your fees.

Application for permanent residence will normally depend on you living in the country for at least 5 years as well as what you have been doing within those 5 years. Importantly, any 5 year period (if you have lived in the UK for a longer period of time) can serve as the qualifying period. The qualifying period refers to the period where you were either working, self-employed or a student. This is what is referred to as exercising treaty tights. Please note that this only applies to EEA nationals. For non-EEA nationals, to be qualified for indefinite leave to remain, you must have stayed in the country under one visa category (apart from the student visa) for up to 5 years.

If you are looking to combine periods, you will have to have been in the country for 10 years. In order words, if you are using just one visa route, for instance a Tier 1 entrepreneur for example, you should have been in that category for at least 5 years. Whereas if for any reason, you are not able to complete 5 years in one route and was able to switch, you will have to wait till you have completed 10 years in the country to be able to apply for indefinite leave to remain.

Note also, that the10 year period has to be lawful and continuous.

I have lived and worked in the UK for 20 years. My son was born in the UK on 19/12/1998. His father, British Citizen and I, German Citizen were not married. Thus my son has German citizenship . He would like to assume British citizenship now. He has no British Passport. We have always lived in the UK. He has been educated here and is still in education. He aqcuired a NI, when he worked during school holidays. He has no criminal record. What form do we have to fill in MN1, or UKF? I dont have detail of all trips abroad we have done over 17 years. How do I fill the gaps? Is it crucial to list all absence from the UK in the past 17 years, or just proof that he has not been outside of the country for more than 450 days in the past 5 years? I am seeking the support from an established Immigration Law firm to ensure his application for British Citizenship is successful. Many Thanks.

hi I would just like a small bit of advice please, my partner is being accused of sex offences if he is charged would that mean an automatic deportation, as I read that if an immigrant has to sign the sex offences register they will not receive early removal until the sentence is finished, I'm not sure on how much of that is true as to why I'm seeking advice. look forward to hearing from you soon thank you

p> I hope this finds you well. I am looking to speak with someone who can advise me on my husbands Visa appeal. He is currently in Australia and I am in London. This is the second time his Visa has been declined in spite of already paying several Immigration consultancy firms in the UK and Australia who assured us we met the criteria. we met in London, married in 2011, he successfully gained a spouse visa and we lived in London until Sept 2014 when we both moved to Aus. I stayed until April 2015 and had to return home for family reasons, I stayed in London and worked for 6 months, I then returned to Aus to be with [name removed] in October 2015. I worked for 6 months on a fixed term contract for [name removed], earning well over the threshold. [name removed] applied for his Visa to come back to the UK, which was declined on grounds that I did not have a job at that point in the UK. I then came back to London in May 2016 on my own to apply for a job so that [name removed] could reapply. I got a fixed term contract for three months, while I looked for something permanent. All of the consultants we spoke with and legal experts who were happy to take our money, advised this was sufficient and that we would have no problems with all of the supporting information we had. The issue we are having is with regards to my employment, They have sent a horribly confusing letter with the reasons for the decline, although I would not consider myself or my husband to be of particularly low intelligence we just can't understand what we are missing. I am uneasy about speaking to an immigration specialist but if you could give me any assurance that you may be able to help us I would really like a short appointment with a lawyer or whoever may help in this sort of situation.

Immigration Enquiry

subscribe to email and newsletters
Reiss Edwards Reviews
5 out of 5 stars 360 Google+ Reviews
reivew immigration lawyer

Our Brochure

Reiss Edwards immigration lawyers brochure

Arabic Brochure
Reiss Edwards immigration lawyers brochure

Immigration related Testimonials

Investing over 2 million pounds is defintely not a routine decision. We had to make sure that the Tier 1 investor immigration lawyers london that we would be picking has to be one of the best within the Tier 1 investor category. We contacted Reiss Edwards and they were able to get us not only the Tier 1 investor visa but also suggested profitable investment portfolios in addition to what we already had in mind.
The Home Office refused my Tier 1 Entrepreneur extension application. This meant that my family and i would have to go back to Jordan and my business would close down. I needed a good immigration lawyer to put in a very strong appeal. I approached Reiss Edwards based on a friend's recommendation and they put together a very strong appeal. I read the grounds of appeal and I knew that this was a winner. A big thanks to Joe who worked tireless on my appeal.
I am glad that i instructed Reiss Edwards on my visa matter.

It started with a 20 minutes free immigration advice. I met with Amar to discuss my ILR refusal. He gave me a great deal of quality advice and decided to take on my messy case. I had doubts on the merits of my case by he was relatively convinced he could win it. That made me quite secure.

To be honest, things did not start as quick as I would have wanted, but they kept on communicating the process and state of things to me

A big thank you to Verusha and Foram. They were also very helpful. Brilliant and informative.

Their fee was fair and reasonable, especially if you compare them to other law firms and immigration law firms in London; some of whom even told me that i would not be able to get an indefinte leave to remain in this country.

The process was long but was worth it. In the end, a big thank you to Reiss Edwards.
I have just had British Citizenship application approved. Prior to making the application, i was not sure which law firm i should hire to facilitate the paperwork. After a few hours of research, i decided to go with Reiss Edwards and i must confess that i wasnt disappointed.

The immigration lawyers at Reiss Edwards handled my case well and they really knew what they were doing. They were fully aware of what documents I needed and it was easy for them to tell if my case was going to be easy or not.

At the end of the day, I have not received my British citizenship within 3 months.

If anyone is looking for a good immigration lawyer to handle thier case, contact Reiss Edwards.
Fantastic Solicitors!!!

My wife's spouse visa extension application was refused by the Home Office and they gave her 14 days to leave the country. We contacted Reiss Edwards and they said "OK don't worry we will sort this out". They put together the list of documents for me to obtain and they prepared a bundle which was as thick as the printer it came out from.

We followed everything they asked us to do and in the end we won our appeal and got our spouse visa.

We can't recommend them enough and we have promised ourselves never to make any more UK visa applications without them.
The team of lawyers at Reiss Edwards are very professional and friendly people. Their experience in and around UK immigration law is quite extensive; be sure that you application is in safe and competent hands. My immigration matter was an indefinite leave to remain application based on Tier 1 on a self-employment basis. The immigration lawyers at Reiss Edwards made sure that the application was perfect and ready to be accepted. I got a positive decision and I recommend them highly for anyone who needs a UK immigration help.
This is the only firm that i spoke with that didn't ask for money before listening to me, will be using them again.
I used Reiss Edwards for my Tier 2 visa application and it was successful. The team was ever present and happy to answer my question.

The caseworker that dealing with my case went on holiday yet by case did not suffer one bit. Another lawyer stepped and took over the case without any hassle.
My Tier 1 Investor Visa was dealt with quickly and without issue. Would recommend Reiss Edwards as an Immigration law firm in London. Thank you to the team.
I contacted Reiss Edwards to help me with my wife’s UK settlement visa. They acted with utmost professionalism throughout the entire application. I spoke with Joe Dinh, he is an immigration solicitor and he is one of the best solicitors out there. He ensured that there was little to no room for error. At some point I thought he was over cautious. He remained calmed and continued to assure us on our immigration matter. Most people in his position would have panicked but he was calmed and continued to assure us. We received out positive outcome very quickly.

Click to view all google reviews
I have been using Reiss Edwards for three years now for my family's immigration application. Both for my initial application and extension. They are really affordable. The team of solicitors at this firm are probably one of the most efficient and economical in terms of cost. They offered free advice over the phone and spent good time with us before inviting us for consultation.

Click to view all google reviews
Reiss Edwards is a top notch immigration service company. The way they handled our documentation and also the list of documents they sent was efficient and top quality. They helped us professionally throughout the process. We are very happy with the immigration advice we received from the team. We highly recommend them.

Click to view all google reviews
I used Reiss Edwards’ immigration lawyers to assist with my immigration matter and that of my family. It was an EX1 application. They dealt with the matter properly and even when complications were coming up from the Home Office, they helped resolve the issue properly. They are very professional and are very popular in London. I am happy to have worked with them.

Click to view all google reviews
It's a shame that you dont have an 'Excellent' star rating on here, as my experience with Reiss Edwards is nothing short of an excellent rating. They handled my application for an Indefinite Leave to remain in April 2014 and did my husband's one very recently including my daughter. Every time i have approached them, they have continued to treat me with courtesy, respect and patience. Amar was indeed a very thorough and professional gentleman. He is very knowledgeable, corporative and engaging. He responded to my emails, calls and enquiries promptly. He was always reassuring. I could not have asked for a better Immigration service.

I would recommend them over and over again for anyone looking for an immigration advice.

They gave me a free immigration advice when i called them, and the quality of the advice was something other charge thousands for. If you need a particular, name, Amar would be it. He exemplifies, for me, the true, professional gentleman. He is a valuable asset to Reiss Edwards.

Kind regards
Nancy Jacquard

Copyright © 2019 Immigration Lawyer London