Start typing and hit "Enter" to search.


Need clarity on a term? This section allows you to search for definitions on any immigration related terms that you might come across on our website

Get In Touch

Some of our Happy Client


Landing card

A landing card is a form completed by all passengers subject to immigration control, which is given ...

read more

Leave to enter

"Permission given by immigration officials at the port of entry to enter the UK in accordance with a...

read more

Leave to enter/remain

Leave to enter is granted to applicant applying to enter the UK from overseas.  Leave to remain is g...

read more

Leave to Remain

Leave to remain is permission to stay in the UK either temporarily (limited leave to remain) or perm...

read more

Legal aid

Government funding that can help people meet the costs of legal services they require if they are el...

read more

Legal representative

Legal representative is a barrister or a solicitor, solicitor's employee or other authorised person ...

read more


Quarterly survey of households in Britain. See our data sources and limitations page for a detailed ...

read more

Licensed sponsor

"An institution (education or employer) who is registered with the Home Office and has a licence to ...

read more

Life in the UK test

A multiple-choice exam that migrants wishing to settle or naturalise in the UK can take to demonstra...

read more

Limited leave

Leave to enter or remain in the UK for a specific amount of time. Conditions may be attached to your...

read more

Limited leave to Enter/Remain

Leave to enter or remain for a limited, set period only

read more

Limited Leave to Remain

Permission to stay in the United Kingdom temporarily, for a length of time stated on the visa.

read more


A lockbox is a central filing location that U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) uses t...

read more


Long Term International Migration: the official government statistics on migration to and from the U...

read more