Start typing and hit "Enter" to search.


Need clarity on a term? This section allows you to search for definitions on any immigration related terms that you might come across on our website

Get In Touch

Some of our Happy Client


Clearly unfounded claims

When the Home Office believes that the asylum seeker comes from a safe country and would not face a ...

read more


UK Immigration and Visas may curtail your leave,  i.e. shorten and bring it to an early end, if they...

read more

Case resolution process

The case resolution process was set up by the Home Office to deal with unresolved cases of those who...

read more


Written communication, usually by email or letters, between two or more people or organizations.

read more

Commonwealth citizen

You are a commonwealth citizen if you are a national of any country within the Commonwealth of Natio...

read more

Court of Appeal

The Court of Appeal is the highest court within the Higher Courts, which also includes the High Cour...

read more


The COMPASS project was launched in 2009 to set up the contracts for the provision of support to asy...

read more

Civil partner

A legal relationship status for which same sex couples may register, and which accords many of the s...

read more


British citizenship is acquired by birth, adoption, descent, registration or naturalisation in accor...

read more


Voluntary association with historical origins in the British Empire, made up of 54 countries.

read more

Citizenship Survey

Government-run survey of a random sample of the British population. See our data sources and limitat...

read more

Convention Travel Document (CDT)

A Convention Travel Document, also known as 'blue document' is given to people with refugee status t...

read more

Certificate of identity

Certificate of Identity, also known as the 'Home Office travel document' can be issued to people who...

read more


Conditional Resident - Green cards marked CR1 are issued to spouses who have been married for less t...

read more


A term used to describe a barrister.

read more

Common Travel Area

The common travel area comprises the United Kingdom, Channel Islands, Isle of Man and the Republic o...

read more