Start typing and hit "Enter" to search.

Applying for an Intra-Company Transfer (ICT) (Mobilité Intragroupe) Permit for France

`Here, we will explain the purpose of the Intra-Company Transfer (ICT) (Mobilité Intragroupe) immigration route for France, the eligibility rules, and how to apply. For expert assistance with your immigration matter, contact Reiss Edwards, immigration lawyers, and solicitors in London.

Get In Touch

Some of our Happy Clients
  • immigration solicitors near me
  • immigration solicitors near me
  • immigration solicitors near me
  • immigration solicitors near me

With the world’s fifth-largest economy (worth over 2.5 Trillion Euros), France is home to many of the world’s largest multinationals, including Airbus, L’Oreal, the PSA Group, Danone, BNP Paribas, Ubisoft, Michelin, and Capgemini. Global organisations with interests in France rely heavily on the ability to send seconded employees from other countries to work for a period of time in a French company in the same group. By doing so, companies can ensure that staff with the necessary skills, experience, and seniority can be seconded where they are needed. Here, we will explain the purpose of the Intra-Company Transfer (ICT) (Mobilité Intragroupe) immigration route for France, the eligibility rules, and how to apply.

What Is The French ‘Intra-Company Transfer (ICT) (Mobilité Intragroupe) Immigration Route?

The French ‘Intra-Company Transfer’ (ICT) (Mobilité Intragroupe) immigration route is for employees of foreign companies who have been with their employer for six or more months. Employees are typically seconded for a limited duration to carry out a specific task or series of tasks, such as overseeing the delivery of a new IT system, introducing a new product to the French market, or purchasing new premises.

Am I Eligible For An ICT Visa For France?

ICT seconded employees must meet the following criteria:

  • Be a non-EEA/EU citizen
  • Have been with their employer for at least six months
  • Be able to show they have a contract of employment with an employer based in another country (that organisation must have a company in France that is part of the same group of companies).
  • Be in a senior management role
  • Have been asked to carry out a task which requires high-level expertise by their employer or;
  • Hold a higher education diploma, and they will complete training in France which will enable them to “develop professionally or to acquire business methods and techniques”
  • Have been granted a work permit by the French immigration authorities. Only once a work permit is authorised is it possible for an entry visa and temporary residence permit.

If you are eligible under the ICT immigration route and your stay will be for 12 months or more, it is likely you will be granted a long-stay visa (VLS) with the words “ICT Seconded Employee”. If your stay will be for less than 12 months or you will be attending training in France, you will receive a long-stay visa (VLS) with the words “ICT Trainee”.

How Do I Apply For A Long-Term Residence Permit For An ICT Secondment?

The first stage in applying under the ICT route is for the employer and a representative of the French company (where you will be working) to apply for an ICT declaration form 15619 * 01. They will need to detail the terms and conditions of your secondment in France, the organisation and its structure, your employment contract, job role and qualifications, hours and pay, and any contact information. The company will also need to provide a completed ‘internship agreement’; this must be drawn up by the overseas entity and the French hosting company. Once these documents have been approved, you can then apply for your visa to come to France.

The second stage of the ICT process is to apply for an entry visa. Those following the ICT route in France who wish to stay for less than 12 months will receive a ‘VL-TS’, which will allow them to enter France for the stated purpose (i.e. ICT secondment). A VL-TS has the added benefit of functioning as a visa and permit in a single document. Holding a VL-TS means you will not need to apply for a separate residence permit in France. If you plan to stay for more than 12 months, you will receive a standard long-term visa (VLS).

For those outside of France, applicants can apply online or by visiting their nearest French consulate. It is recommended that applications be submitted three months before the intended date of arrival in the country.

When applying for your long-term visa, you will need to include copies of the ICT declaration form and the internship agreement.

Which Documents Are Required To Support A Long-Stay Visa Application?

Several documents must be submitted to support a VLS or VLS-TS application, including:

  • A long-stay visa application form – this must be completed and signed
  • Receipt of fee payment
  • A valid passport issued for less than ten years and with remaining validity of three months after the expiry of the visa
  • Proof of civil status and nationality:
    • Passport (pages showing your civil status, validity dates, entry stamps, and visas);
    • Birth certificate
    • Spouse’s residence permit (or passport); marriage certificate,
    • Birth certificate of children
  • Three recent identity photographs

How Much Does It Cost For A Long-Stay Visa?

The following fees are payable for a long-stay visa

  • An administrative fee of €225 – this is made up of:
    • Online validation fee payable to OFII: € 200
    • Stamp duty: € 25
  • Long-stay visa fee: €99.

What Happens When I Arrive In France?

If You Hold A VLS-TS

On arrival in France, the VL-TS holder will need to validate their VL-TS with the French Office for Immigration and Integration (OFII). The rules state, “Upon arrival after validation of their visa, and at the latest within three months of his entry into the territory, the visa holder must register with OFII. The long-stay visa is only valid as a residence permit if it has been validated by OFII. This process, as well as the payment of the tax on the residence permit and the stamp duty, are made online at; https://administration-etrange...

If You Hold A VLS

VLS holders are obliged to apply for a residence permit within two months of arrival in France. Applicants need to present in person in their local prefecture and provide the originals of their supporting documents. At this stage, a final fee may be payable.

Can I Extend My Stay In France?

In many cases, the project or assignment linked to the secondment may take longer than anticipated, in which case a residence permit extension will be needed. As long as you are still employed by your overseas employer, and they still have interests in France (i.e. a company in the same group), it should be possible to renew your residence permit in France.

In Conclusion

If you are eligible to extend your residence, an application must be submitted within two months of the expiry of your current VLS or VLS-TS at your local immigration office in France. In order to be granted a renewal, you will need to provide proof that you still meet the requirements for an employee residence permit.

If you are unsure if you are eligible to extend your temporary worker residence permit in France, speak to an immigration lawyer who will be able to outline your available options based on your circumstances.

Reiss Edwards Awards


Reiss Edwards is absolutely amazing. As a lawyer myself I can categorically say that they know their stuff, gentle, responsive, care about you and not just about the money, very professional.

I mean I can go on and on! The entire team at Reiss Edwards is amazing!

Kiran Sardar

I found Joe very helpful and tremendous patience which is a must in this professional as there are lots of emotions always involved in each and every case.

The way they dealt with my case during COVID19 Situation is highly appreciable. I would definitely recommend Joe D. and Anna F. Anna is an amazing lady, her patience is beyond my words.

Her hard work and professionalism have no boundaries. She is the right person for all type of cases.

Thanks to Anna and Joe for all your support and guidance which helped me fulfill my dream.

I would say Reiss Edwards is lucky to have Joe D. and Anna F. Great job Reiss Edwards.

thanks once again. Anna you’re a Gem and a Star.

Cheyam Shaked

"Anna Foley was the lawyer helping my partner obtain an EEA EFM visa. She was outstanding. Handling the case with constant correspondence over a lengthy, lockdown delayed 7-month application process. Her expert advice guided us successfully through some difficult times as a result of COVID-19. Some of the best service I have received for any service ever! Often replying to emails late at night, offering to send additional correspondence to the home office and going above and beyond in handling our case! Well done and thank you Reiss Edwards and thank you Anna!!".

Isaac .T

"Professional service. I was very impressed with the fact that my ILR application was successful 6 weeks after the submission amidst the COVID-19 pandemic. I also think the portfolio put together by the team at Reiss Edwards has played a big part in the quick turnaround of my application".

Reiss Edwards Reviews


"Andy Tieu is absolutely amazing, as a lawyer myself I can categorically say tha...

Read More

Kiran Sardar

"I found Joe very helpful and tremendous patience which is a must in this profes...

Read More

Cheyam Shaked

"Anna Foley was the lawyer helping my partner obtain an EEA EFM visa. She was ou...

Read More

Isaac .T

"Professional service. I was very impressed with the fact that my ILR applicatio...

Read More
Back to Top