uk immigration lawyers
uk immigration lawyers

UK Immigration frequently asked questions (FAQ)

Not all individuals seeking entry into the United Kingdom require a Visa. A list of countries which her citizens would require a visa is contained on the website of the Home Office. Click here to access the list of country citizens who will require visa. If you are a citizen of one of the listed countries, you will be required to make the visa application from your country of residence.
Visas are categorized in line with immigration routes to the UK. As such you will be granted visa based on the reason for which you seek entry into the United Kingdom. The full list of visa categories can be assessed on our website. See the mneu on the left - If you are on a PC and tap on the 'UK Immigration categories' if you are using mobile device.
If you are in the United Kingdom under the Visitor’s Visa category, you will not be eligible to apply for extension or switch into another category. You will be required to return to your home country and make another visa application. You will usually be granted residence in the United Kingdom for six months as a visitor.
The documents you will be required to present in support of your application depends on your condition as well as the reason for which you seek the visa. You can contact us and schedule a meeting where we will discuss extensively on the documents required and other corresponding issues.
For you to be eligible for employment in the United Kingdom, you will generally need to offered employment from a Tier 2 Sponsor in the United Kingdom. The position that you will cover must fulfill the salary, skill level and labor market test requirements.

If you are in the UK on other visa categories there may be work restrictions based on the visa you are on. Please note that not all visas allow holders to undertake employment. .
You as a skilled worker will be required to present proof that you have taken and succeeded in an English language test at level B1 of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR) in speaking, listening, writing and reading. On the other hand, you could evince your English Language skill if you have obtained an academic certificate that was tutored in English Language as well as is acknowledged by the designated National Agency for the Recognition and Comparison of International Qualifications and Skills (UK NARIC) as being on the same level or higher than a United Kingdom bachelor’s degree.
Can I apply for a visa to set up my own business in the UK? If you intend to establish a business venture in the United Kingdom, you are authorized to make an application for the Tier 1 Entrepreneur Visa. For more information click here Tier 1 Entrepreneur
If you seek to establish a UK branch of an overseas company, you are permitted to make an application for a Representative of an Overseas business visa. To know more about this category click Representative of an Overseas Business visa.
If you seek to take up a course of study in the United Kingdom, you will be required to be unconditionally offered admission to take up the course by an institution that is a licensed Tier 4 sponsor. You will be issued a Certificate of Acceptance for Studies (CAS) by your Tier 4 sponsor with which you will use to acquire a Tier 4 Visa.
You may be permitted to take up employment for at most 10 hours a week in the UK if you are taking up a course that is lower than degree level at a higher education institution. On the other hand, if the course to be taken is at degree level or higher you will be permitted to take up employment for up to 20 hours a week. You are however required to abide by the conditions for your work which will be endorsed on your visa.

Immigration Enquiry

subscribe to email and newsletters
Reiss Edwards Reviews
5 out of 5 stars 394 Google+ Reviews
reivew immigration lawyer

Our Brochure

Reiss Edwards immigration lawyers brochure

Arabic Brochure
Reiss Edwards immigration lawyers brochure

Immigration related Testimonials

Investing over 2 million pounds is defintely not a routine decision. We had to make sure that the Tier 1 investor immigration lawyers london that we would be picking has to be one of the best within the Tier 1 investor category. We contacted Reiss Edwards and they were able to get us not only the Tier 1 investor visa but also suggested profitable investment portfolios in addition to what we already had in mind.
The Home Office refused my Tier 1 Entrepreneur extension application. This meant that my family and i would have to go back to Jordan and my business would close down. I needed a good immigration lawyer to put in a very strong appeal. I approached Reiss Edwards based on a friend's recommendation and they put together a very strong appeal. I read the grounds of appeal and I knew that this was a winner. A big thanks to Joe who worked tireless on my appeal.
I am glad that i instructed Reiss Edwards on my visa matter.

It started with a 20 minutes free immigration advice. I met with Amar to discuss my ILR refusal. He gave me a great deal of quality advice and decided to take on my messy case. I had doubts on the merits of my case by he was relatively convinced he could win it. That made me quite secure.

To be honest, things did not start as quick as I would have wanted, but they kept on communicating the process and state of things to me

A big thank you to Verusha and Foram. They were also very helpful. Brilliant and informative.

Their fee was fair and reasonable, especially if you compare them to other law firms and immigration law firms in London; some of whom even told me that i would not be able to get an indefinte leave to remain in this country.

The process was long but was worth it. In the end, a big thank you to Reiss Edwards.
I have just had British Citizenship application approved. Prior to making the application, i was not sure which law firm i should hire to facilitate the paperwork. After a few hours of research, i decided to go with Reiss Edwards and i must confess that i wasnt disappointed.

The immigration lawyers at Reiss Edwards handled my case well and they really knew what they were doing. They were fully aware of what documents I needed and it was easy for them to tell if my case was going to be easy or not.

At the end of the day, I have not received my British citizenship within 3 months.

If anyone is looking for a good immigration lawyer to handle thier case, contact Reiss Edwards.
Fantastic Solicitors!!!

My wife's spouse visa extension application was refused by the Home Office and they gave her 14 days to leave the country. We contacted Reiss Edwards and they said "OK don't worry we will sort this out". They put together the list of documents for me to obtain and they prepared a bundle which was as thick as the printer it came out from.

We followed everything they asked us to do and in the end we won our appeal and got our spouse visa.

We can't recommend them enough and we have promised ourselves never to make any more UK visa applications without them.
The team of lawyers at Reiss Edwards are very professional and friendly people. Their experience in and around UK immigration law is quite extensive; be sure that you application is in safe and competent hands. My immigration matter was an indefinite leave to remain application based on Tier 1 on a self-employment basis. The immigration lawyers at Reiss Edwards made sure that the application was perfect and ready to be accepted. I got a positive decision and I recommend them highly for anyone who needs a UK immigration help.
This is the only firm that i spoke with that didn't ask for money before listening to me, will be using them again.
I used Reiss Edwards for my Tier 2 visa application and it was successful. The team was ever present and happy to answer my question.

The caseworker that dealing with my case went on holiday yet by case did not suffer one bit. Another lawyer stepped and took over the case without any hassle.
My Tier 1 Investor Visa was dealt with quickly and without issue. Would recommend Reiss Edwards as an Immigration law firm in London. Thank you to the team.
I contacted Reiss Edwards to help me with my wife’s UK settlement visa. They acted with utmost professionalism throughout the entire application. I spoke with Joe Dinh, he is an immigration solicitor and he is one of the best solicitors out there. He ensured that there was little to no room for error. At some point I thought he was over cautious. He remained calmed and continued to assure us on our immigration matter. Most people in his position would have panicked but he was calmed and continued to assure us. We received out positive outcome very quickly.

Click to view all google reviews
I have been using Reiss Edwards for three years now for my family's immigration application. Both for my initial application and extension. They are really affordable. The team of solicitors at this firm are probably one of the most efficient and economical in terms of cost. They offered free advice over the phone and spent good time with us before inviting us for consultation.

Click to view all google reviews
Reiss Edwards is a top notch immigration service company. The way they handled our documentation and also the list of documents they sent was efficient and top quality. They helped us professionally throughout the process. We are very happy with the immigration advice we received from the team. We highly recommend them.

Click to view all google reviews
I used Reiss Edwards’ immigration lawyers to assist with my immigration matter and that of my family. It was an EX1 application. They dealt with the matter properly and even when complications were coming up from the Home Office, they helped resolve the issue properly. They are very professional and are very popular in London. I am happy to have worked with them.

Click to view all google reviews
It's a shame that you dont have an 'Excellent' star rating on here, as my experience with Reiss Edwards is nothing short of an excellent rating. They handled my application for an Indefinite Leave to remain in April 2014 and did my husband's one very recently including my daughter. Every time i have approached them, they have continued to treat me with courtesy, respect and patience. Amar was indeed a very thorough and professional gentleman. He is very knowledgeable, corporative and engaging. He responded to my emails, calls and enquiries promptly. He was always reassuring. I could not have asked for a better Immigration service.

I would recommend them over and over again for anyone looking for an immigration advice.

They gave me a free immigration advice when i called them, and the quality of the advice was something other charge thousands for. If you need a particular, name, Amar would be it. He exemplifies, for me, the true, professional gentleman. He is a valuable asset to Reiss Edwards.

Kind regards
Nancy Jacquard

Copyright © 2019 Immigration Lawyer London