BOTC British Citizenship Registration
You may be considered for registration as a Citizen of the country if you are a citizen of British Overseas Territories.
If you are registered as a citizen in this category, you will become eligible to pass British citizenship to you children born overseas. You may qualify for this registration on the basis of:
- Your residence in the country
- The period of crown service or similar services
- Fulfilling the British Territories Citizens alternate provision
If you meet any of the following conditions your chances of success under this application would increase, they are enumerated here under:
5 years registration Grounds
To qualify here under you must meet the following:
- You must have gone pass the five years residency qualification period
- You should have before making your application lived for five years in the country
- At most 450 days should be spent outside the country
- Not more that ninety days should be spent in the last year of your five year period outside the country
- You must not during this time, break any immigration laws
- You should not have gone contrary to the UKBA’s time restriction in the last year of your five years eligibility period. Your stay will however be checked on submission of your application to see if you really are qualified.
The time you spent incarcerated; or on diplomatic or military duties in the country, in which you were not monitored by the UKBA would be taken to be times of absence from the country.
Crown or Similar Service basis of British Citizenship Registration
You may be eligible for a registration for British Citizenship in this regard if you do not meet the five years stay condition but you can demonstrate that:
- You have been or is presently in a Crown Service under the leadership of the British Abroad Region
- You are appointed presently or was previously assigned to serve as a member of an establishment under the legislation of the British Abroad Territory; by or in the stead of the Crown.
Only in rare circumstances would you be granted nationality under this basis and so you would be required to demonstrate that:
- You were or still is an executive office holder
- You served or is serving exceptionally in the office
- You have a direct link to the country
British Nationality Registration in Accord of the Alternative Provisions for British Overseas Territories Nationals
If you were not granted citizenship in accord with the British Overseas Territories Decree of 2002, you may be qualified for registration in this category, unless:
- You nationality of British Overseas Territories is through your link to Akrotiri and Dhekelia (Sovereign Base Areas)
- You have by Declaration of Renunciation given up British Nationality.