The Tier 2 General Visa Sponsor List

The Tier 2 General Visa Sponsor List

If you want to move to the UK to live and work, you are going to need a visa to do so. One of the most common routes into the UK is the Tier 2 General Visa. The visa allows those with English language skill and savings along with a Certificate of Sponsorship (COS) from a Tier 2 Sponsor Licence holder to live and work in the UK. In this article we will discuss the process of finding a sponsor and look at the Tier 2 General Visa in a little more detail.

How do I find a Tier 2 Sponsor Licence holder?

There are several ways to find a Tier 2 Sponsor Licence holder: you can either go down the traditional route by checking through job listings to see if the employer welcomes visa holders or indeed sponsors them, or you can use the alternative route which many find faster - checking the government register of Tier 2 Sponsor Licence holders. Using the register, you'll be able to cut down significantly the amount of time it takes you to find a visa sponsor by contacting the company directly and seeing if they have a job available for you.

Are there an earnings requirement for a Tier 2 General Visa?

Yes, you would need to earn at least £30,000 per year for the job or the €œappropriate rate€ for that job (whichever is higher). If you can find a role and have been offered a Certificate of Sponsorship (COS) you can then apply for visa.

Can I bring my partner or children with me to the UK on a Tier 2 General Visa?

Yes, it is possible to add on dependents to your Tier 2 General Visa. There will be an additional fee for adding them on and they will be entitled to live and work in the UK freely for the amount of time on their given visa.

Will I be able to stay in the UK indefinitely on a Tier 2 General Visa?

Not in the first instance no, your initial visa is limited to two and a half years, but this is extendable providing that you haven't changed jobs and still fit the eligibility criteria, this being the case, you can then extend your visa for a further 2.5 years which will take you to 5 years (the visa has a maximum of 6 years) at which point you should be able to apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR) - if this is granted then you will be entitled to remain in the UK indefinitely without further visa restrictions.

Where can I get more help?

If you need more help with a Tier 2 General Visa then please get in touch. Our immigration lawyers are well versed in immigration law and are specialists when helping those looking to move to the UK on a Tier 2 General Visa.

Some of our happy clients



530 Reviews



Copyright © 2020 Immigration Lawyers London